Thursday, April 5, 2012

'May for Me' Bingo!

I'm participating in the bingo game that is the 2012 May For Me project hosted by:

Sharon at Vrooman's Quilts
Snoodles at Lily Pad Quilting

If you'd like to play along, Marcia's posts about the project are grouped here; she did a great job of linking of where you can find different information about all of the festivities. The deadline for joining in is coming up soon, so don't delay!

I finally finished my Bingo card after several stops and starts. It's definitely not perfect; I learned the hard way about sewing your seams from alternate directions in order to avoid gradual shrinkage of your columns. *sigh* But it's done, and it was a great opportunity for me to practice some techniques.

Here's how it turned out, and below the pic are the "categories" that correspond to the fabric in each grid:

My Bingo card:

B - fish, cupcake, lighthouse, button, spoon
I - dots, giraffe, stripes, corn, leaves
N - strawberry, rose, free space, apple, chicken
G - pumpkin, rabbit, pine, holly, pear
O - berry, butterfly, bird, rainbow, grid

This was the first chance I'd had to install the embroidery unit on my Brother SE400 and give it a whirl; it was actually pretty easy! I used it to embroider the B-I-N-G-O on the top row, and it came out pretty well except for the wonky part at the bottom of the 'O'. Note to self: Be sure you use a large enough piece of fabric to fit into the hoop securely if you're going to embroider.

I used a fun novelty fabric for the backing and quilted using a grid pattern on the diagonal. It was the first time I'd used the guide with my walking foot, and it went pretty quickly.


I'm all ready to go, so let's have some fun!

Hugs,
Pam

9 comments:

  1. What a cool Bingo Card - and well documented, too. Oh, girl after my heart, just love the fabric chosen for the binding!! Thank you for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not in the Bingo Card Project but I am in the Blog Linky and found you by way of Marcia's blog. I really like the fresh clean look of your blog, it is very nice. I am now a follower and look forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't decided if I'll be doing the Bingo Card Project. It does look fun. Found you at the New Quilt Blog Linky Party. I'm your newest follower! Looking forward to seeing your future projects. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got your bingo card all logged and ready to go! I love the black/white coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've got a new follower thanks to the linky party :) I'm a new blogger too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have awarded you the Liebster Award. See my blog. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome to the NEW Quilter's Blog Linky Party! And May for Me celebration and thanks for posting about it and linking back! It is going to be so much fun!
    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, I've found your blog on the New Quilter's Blog Linky Party on Marcia's website. I signed up to follow your cute blog! Your bingo project looks awesome even though I don't get why you have to list what's under the letters... maybe later I'll get it :)

    ReplyDelete