Friday, March 2, 2012

I've Been A Very Bad Girl

Yesterday we went into town to run some errands. Whenever we get within a 10-mile radius of my local quilt shop or a Jo-Ann's, Hubby knows that it's easier to just drop me off for an hour and let me browse (i.e. spend money) than to argue with me.

I brought home a bagful of goodies from both stores, of course. I found the perfect fat quarters I needed for a mini-quilt* I'm working on at my LQS, plus some invisible thread and a yard of a gorgeous white-on-white fabric for my stash. Can you believe it...I didn't have any white fabric at all? Horrors!

At Jo-Ann's I went a little crazy. All of their quilter's basic cottons were 50% off, just a measly $2.49 a yard. Could I resist? I think not! I came home with a yard of each of these pretty fabrics:


I can't wait to make some cute little zipper bags and such with these. Once I get over my intense fear of putting in my first zipper, I'll get right on that.

I also used my 40% coupon at Jo-Ann's to stock up on some square rulers that I needed, plus I picked up a stencil and chalk pad to use on my cupcakes runner that I'm trying to finish quilting.

When we got home, I found an email from Connecting Threads about their March sale: 50% off mirage and solid color fabrics, and 40% selected thread sets. Oh my. I'm going to be an even badder girl.

Hugs,
Pam

*I'm starting a paper-pieced mini-quilt called "Farmland" from Wendy Voster's "Paper-Pieced Mini Quilts". Since I'm new to paper-piecing, this simple project seemed perfect for a beginner like me.

2 comments:

  1. Lots and lots of fabrics! So pretty for Spring.
    Have a great weekend, Pam.
    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh fun! I left the kids home this morning to go to the fabric store {no Joann's near us...but we have a different, similar store, not as good though...}. And go for the zippers! They're super easy! I have a zipper coin purse tutorial on my blog too...if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete